9 Tips to help you choose the right pool builder!
Choosing the right pool builder is not as easy as it sounds as every builder claims to be the best quality one around with the most competitive price. So here are 9 helpful tips to help you make the right choice:
1. Check their reviews on Google, this can be easily found by searching their business name on the Google tab. But that’s not all, because any business owner or employee can leave fake reviews, go to look for the bad ones first. Note that business owners do not have the possibility to delete any reviews from Google (unlike Facebook) no matter if they are good or bad.
2. Check that they hold a current QBCC licence by doing a licence search on the QBCC website: https://www.onlineservices.qbcc.qld.gov.au/OnlineLicenceSearch/VisualElements/SearchBSALicenseeContent.aspx
3. Check your quote and contract carefully before signing. Some pool builders have lots of what’s called allowances in their quotes and contracts. This way, you get attracted by a very low cost price but unfortunately you have a lot of chance to pay a lot more in the end.
4. Check that they have both public liability and workcover insurance.
5. Ask about their warranty and guarantee.
You can find our guarantee here: https://serenitypoolco.com.au/guarantee/
6. Check on the QBCC website that no claim has been made to rectify any defective work or the builder’s license hasn’t been suspended for not complying with building regulations.
7. Check that everything you wanted is included in the contract price and not listed as extra.
8. Make sure that you’re dealing with only one contact person (preferably the owner). Having to deal with several people will hinder communication and may even delay the completion of your swimming pool.
9. Ask if you could see one or two of their previous builds, preferably a swimming pool that has the same specifics as the one you are looking at building (example: above ground pools).